"Invalid login" error status when adding accounts to BlueleafIf you're adding a held-away account to Blueleaf, and the connection is failing due to invalid log in credentials, please follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.
Step 1: log in directly to the institution's website
For the institution that you are trying to add, go directly to their website. For example. if you're adding Fidelity, go to "fidelity.com".
- Upon viewing the page where you would enter your username and password (or other credentials), are any of the fields already filled out? If you type in your username, does it automatically populate your password?
If either is true, make sure to delete what is automatically populated, and manually type in your username and password for the institution. Internet browsers can remember your login information for your convenience, but you'll need to make sure that you can log in without this.
- Do you encounter any issues logging in directly to your account?
If no, then you know that you have the correct credentials for logging in.
- Do you see any messages or prompts that you need to respond to, immediately after logging in?
If yes, please respond to the prompt as this may be preventing our data provider from syncing with the institution.
Now log out of the institution's website and follow the steps below:
Step 2: Log into Blueleaf
3. Click "accounts" on the left
4. Click "update your credentials" next to the failed connection
5. Re-enter the same credentials that you used in step 1
Important note: if your internet browser is automatically populating information at this step, make sure to delete anything in the field, and manually type in your username and password for the institution
I tried all of the above, and it didn't work
No problem, contact us at email@example.com and provide details on which institution you are having difficulty adding. In your email, please provide the web address (URL) of the page where you can log into the institution directly (i.e: the page you went to in step 1).