Blueleaf Billing: Setting a Start Billing DateThis article covers the steps for setting a "start billing date" for a new account.
If you bill in arrears, this will simply prorate the fee for the partial billing period (monthly or quarterly), based on the number of days between the start billing date and the end of the billing period.
If you bill in advance, this will add a prorated "inception fee" for the partial prior billing period (monthly or quarterly), based on the number of days between the start billing date and the end of the billing period. This means that the total fee billed to the client will be the full fee calculated in advance, plus the prorated fee for the partial prior billing period.
If you do not enter a start billing date, the fee calculated will be for the full billing period (monthly or quarterly) regardless if you bill in arrears or in advance.
1. Click on the "Fees" tab
2. Scroll over the pencil icon next to the household name, and select "View Client Details"
3. A screen will pop out from the right, scroll down until you see a list of accounts within the household.
4. Find the account you want to set a start date for, and click on the pencil icon to the right of it.
5. Scroll down and click on the text box under "Start Billing Date". Select the date when the account transferred in or when you want to start billing the account. Then click save.
6. Repeat for the other accounts as necessary. Please note that if a client comes in mid-cycle, you must set this for each account individually and that it cannot be done for the client as a whole.
If you have any questions or run into any problems completing these steps, please reach out to email@example.com.