Manually closing held-away accounts
When an account results in a zero balance, our data provider will stop sending us data on the account and the last available balance before the account hits zero remains in Blueleaf. Since the last available balance remains in Blueleaf, you need to manually close the account to reflect a zero balance and create an appropriate withdrawal transaction for performance reasons.
1. If you are an advisor, click the "detailed reports & client portal" link for the client. For anyone else, proceed to step 2.
2. Click "accounts" on the left.
3. Once you are on the "Accounts" page, you will want to find the connection bringing in the account you need to close, and scroll over the account you want to edit then click "Edit details" to open the account details.
4. To close the account, click on the “Close Account” button.
5. Once you select “Close Account”, you will need to enter the date the account closed. Click “Close” to save the changes or “Cancel” to cancel the changes.
6. When you click “Close” to save the changes then this will create a $0 balance and an appropriate withdrawal transaction for performance reasons.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you run into any issues or have any questions about manually closing these held-away connections.